Turmeric is known to be one of the most powerful healing herbs that will combat a weak immune system while helping to fight inflammation which is the root of many chronic illnesses. Research and a number of studies have proven that turmeric has anticancer properties. It has the ability kill cancer cells and prevent more from growing. It has the best effects on breast cancer, bowel cancer, stomach cancer and skin cancer cells. Most presetgious and well-known cancer sites such as Sloan Kettering all have published studies and articles indicating this to be fact.
Aside from being anticancer, turmeric has so many other benefits which include:
* Chronic inflammation and pain relief
* Rheumatiod Arthritus management and prevention
* Helps manage depression
* Treats and prevents Diabetes
* Inhibits cancer cell growth… yass!
* Natural liver detoxifier and a kidney cleanser
* Speeds metabolism and aids in weight management
* Heals skin and has anti-aging properties
* Improves brain health and memory
The list goes on, but you get the point. Because of these tremendous benefits it would be to anyone’s advantage, especially to someone with cancer, to incorporate turmeric into their diet. I’m going to share one of my favorite juice recipies incorporating tumeric but here are some other ways to add this benificial herb to your diet.
Here’s What You’ll Need: (And all organic of course)
- 2 green apples: Green apples have tremendous dietary fiber content, which thereby helps in the overall digestive process.
- 2 carrots: Carrots are packed with antioxidants, vitamin A and beta-carotene, making them a great free radical fighter.
- 1 lemon: Lemons are packed with vitamin C, antioxidants and the are the best natural antibiotic.
- 1 small knob of fresh ginger, peeled: Ginger helps digestion, reduces nausea and helps fight the flu and common cold, to name a few of its many medicinal properties.
- 2 knobs of fresh turmeric, peeled: Our star ingredients with all of the benefits listed above!
Here’s what to do:
- Wash all vegetables thoroughly
- Juice each vegetable in your VitaMix or Juicer
- Stir mixture before serving
- Drink up!